- Care and companionship for those in need including the elderly, the very young and those in between
- Community-Led Development (CLD) partnership with Internal Affairs to build up and invest in developing our Featherston community together.
- We provide food parcels to those in need in our community. Please contact us via email or phone or in person when we are open. 0226463702 063903663
- Visit Featherston Heritage Museum to see evocative original photos, modern audio visuals and historical artifacts from the Featherston Camps during World War I & II. You can also see the fully restored Featherston Volunteer Fire Brigade 1932 Model A Ford Engine and other brigade memorabilia. Featherston's history and its people are held and being updated regularly, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
- Affiliated with the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association (RSA), the Featherston Memorial RSA provides remembrance, support and advocacy services to the community with a specific focus on former and currently serving members of NZ's Armed Forces and their families.
- The Featherston Phoenix, Featherston's not-for-profit monthly newspaper, includes contributions from local service groups, sports clubs, social clubs, businesses, volunteer organisations, political bodies, schools and individual members of our community.
- Parents, carers and kids are invited to join in the fun at playgroup! Sessions run on Tuesday and Friday, 10am-12pm during school terms. Painting, arts and crafts, outdoor play, toys and lots more. Come and enjoy a cuppa and meet others. Gold coin donation appreciated. Regular updates on our Facebook page: @FeatherstonPlunketPlaygroup
- The Featherston's Own Charitable Trust was set up in 2010 to oversee the running of an Op Shop in Featherston to raise money to return to worthy community groups and events.
- Playgroup for 0-5 year olds Held at St Andrews Church Thursdays 9.30am - 11.00am
- Here at Council we are proud to serve and support this fabulous part of New Zealand with its true 'mountains to the sea' experience. South Wairarapa encompasses the three rural towns of Featherston, Greytown and Martinborough, each with their own charm and attributes. We have a vast area of rural hinterland home to many more small communities, edged by the Rimutaka/Tararua Ranges and cradled by kilometres of rugged coastline. Our vision is to be 'the best little Council in New Zealand' and we are working hard to achieve this. We believe that a Council should be part of the community it serves and therefore welcome feedback from residents and visitors alike regarding our district and Council services.
- Worship Meetings at 10am each Sunday. All Welcome *Believe* *Belong* *Become*
- The Wairarapa Gateway Business Group promotes the collaboration and growth of Featherston businesses and community. We have regular get-togethers, business workshops and more.
Accommodation Animal Care Beauty & Fashion Booktown and Bookshops Business Services Clubs & Interest Groups Community Education Emergency Services Entertainment Farming & Lifestyle Food & Drink Health & Well-being Professional Services Property, Trades & Services Retail Sport & Recreation Travel Venue Hire